Race Update: Change To Finish Line
*** Updated race information courtesy of Bangor Parks and Recreation ***
Due to high tide and the inability for boats to safely go under either of the last 2 bridges near the finish line in downtown Bangor, we have had to make a few changes.
1) NEW FINISH LINE – Immediately after Shopping Cart
2) After mandatory portage at Maxfield Dam, put your craft back in and run Shopping Cart
3) There will be a LARGE finish line sign on Stream Right
4) TAKE OUT IMMEDIATELY AFTER FINISH LINE ON STREAM RIGHT
5) Parking lot will be closed to leave your boats
6) WARMING TENT, CHILI AND CHOWDER, RESULT BOARD AND AWARDS WILL STILL BE HELD AT THE USUAL SPOT AT GOMEZ PARK
7) There will be a bus for ALL racers running from finish line area to Gomez Park starting at 11:00 am
8) Busses will also be running from Gomez Park back to Kenduskeag for racers through the day.